In Episode 26, Davin and Jack discuss a man that could drive any vehicle to its limit. David “Salt” Walther raced boats and cars at high speeds. He’s perhaps best known for his tremendous crash during the opening lap of the 1973 Indianapolis 500. He battled back from injuries to race the following year and earned the respect of his competitors. TAKE A LISTEN TO EPISODE 26 HERE.
- Years Of Pain Can`t Kill Salt Walther`s Desire, By Robert Markus, Chicago Tribue: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-05-09/sports/9002090465_1_drug-rehab-center-fingers-race-driver
- Death of David “Salt” Walther, Associated Press, http://www.tributes.com/obituary/read/David-Salt-Walther-94982361
- Boat Crash Kills Skipp Walther, Car Driver’s Brother, New York Times, https://www.nytimes.com/1974/06/03/archives/boat-crashkillsskipp-walther-cardriversbrother-boat-crash-kills.html
- DAVID “SALT” WALTHER REMEMBERED, By Fred Farley: https://www.h1unlimited.com/2013/01/david-salt-walther-remembered/
- Indianapolis 500 veteran David “Salt” Walther dies At 65, MotorSport.com
- SALT WALTHER BOOK “FOR THE RACE OF YOUR LIFE” RELEASED, http://saltwaltherracing.blogspot.com/2013/11/book-release-on-monday.html
- George Walther Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Walther_Sr.
- David Salt Walther wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Walther