In Episode 25, Davin and Jack discuss the life of ABA and NBA basketball player, John Brisker. He was a wing player on the hardwood, but he was known best for his fighting ability. He also often threatened to “get his gun” when conflict arose. After his playing days, he mysteriously disappeared into Uganda. TAKE A LISTEN TO EPISODE 25 HERE.
- Loose Balls: The Short, Wild Life of the American Basketball Association, by Terry Pluto: https://books.google.com/books?id=VrBVzp8aRBYC&q=John&source=gbs_word_cloud_r&cad=6#v=snippet&q=John&f=false
- The mysterious life and disappearance of Detroit basketball star John Brisker, By Bruce Markusen, Detroit Athletic Company: https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2015/02/11/mysterious-life-disappearance-detroit-basketball-star-john-brisker/
- Detroit Mercy, The Hard Life and Mysterious Death of John Brisker, By GB Joyce: https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/detroit-mercy-the-hard-life-and-mysterious-death-of-john-brisker-2/
- Brisker of ABA Arrested in Fight, New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/1971/10/13/archives/brisker-of-aba-arrested-in-fight-condor-in-dispute-over-taxi-ride.html
- Former Sonic forever shrouded in mystery, By Robert Jamieson Jr. https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Former-Sonic-forever-shrouded-in-mystery-1148494.php
- Whatever Happened to John Brisker? Part 2, The Weekly View: http://weeklyview.net/2016/02/04/whatever-happened-to-john-brisker-part-2/
- John Brisker, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brisker