In Episode 12, we discuss former University of Florida and L.A. Rams defensive lineman (and total badass), Jack Youngblood aka “the John Wayne of Football”. He was one of the first players to drink Gatorade and he played with a fractured leg. LISTEN TO EPISODE 12 HERE.
- “The 5 Most Badass (And Possibly Insane) Athletes Of All-Time” By Andrew Del Toro, Cracker.com: http://www.cracked.com/article_18477_the-5-most-badass-and-possibly-insane-athletes-all-time.html
- “Jack Youngblood” Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Youngblood
- “Jack Youngblood” Pro Football HOF profile: http://www.profootballhof.com/players/jack-youngblood/biography/
- “Jack Youngblood Biography” SEC Sports Fan: http://www.secsportsfan.com/jack-youngblood-biography.html
- “Catching up with Jack Youngblood” By Julia Faron, St. Louis Rams: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Catching-up-with-Jack-Youngblood/81653a37-e973-43ff-a22e-888ea8b499f1
- “Because It Was Sunday: The Legend of Jack Youngblood” Gridiron Greats: http://gridirongreats.org/because-it-was-sunday-the-legend-of-jack-youngblood/
- LA Times Interview, “Q&A: Rams great Jack Youngblood says some in NFL aren’t tough enough”: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/09/sports/la-sp-pugmire-qa-20111010